put your negotiation skills to the test.
What is The Exchange?
The Exchange is a program designed to teach about negotiation, bartering and garnering sales skills through hands on learning opportunities.
Pairs will participate over the course of two months to trade a $10 gift card to the highest valuable good possible. A winning team will be selected through a final pitch competition to win an executive lunch and an internship opportunity TBA. Previous prizes have included lunch with Michael Rossi, President of Adidas Canada, lunch with Suzanne Trusdale, Vice President of Small Business Solutions at Telus, a fast tracked for an internship opportunity with IBM and a job shadowing day with ADP.
what do you get.
Sales, bartering and negotiation skills gained through two months of trading
Full day workshops led by industry professionals to help teach the basic sales and negotiation skills needed to be a successful barter
Teams paired up with mentors from Shopify, LinkedIn, IBM, TD and more
Winners receive lunches with top executives and a fast tracked internship opportunity
January 28, 2018
January 29, 2018
Welcome Session *Mandatory*
February 2, 2018
Sales Session *Mandatory*
February 9, 2018
February 9 - April 1
April 2, 2018
terms and conditions.
- Participants must be current Ryerson students.
- Participants will commit to paying a $30 deposit each for the program, which will be returned upon successful completion.
- Participants must track their trading through short weekly blog posts.
- Participants will not be allowed to trade for cash. Trading will only be valid for other items.
- Participants must attend MANDATORY welcome session on February 2 6:30-8:30 AND a MANDATORY sales session on February 9 6:30-9:30.
- The winner will be chosen by the judges during the final pitch on April 2 from 6:30-9:30.
Applications close January 28 at 11:59pm.